Nannaj Wildlife Senctury
Located in North Solapur in Maharashtra, the vast grassland of Nannaj was declared as Great Indian Bustard Sanctuary. Also called as Jawaharlal Nehru Bustard Sanctuary was established in 1979. This grassland is famous for the Great Indian Bustard as this bird prefers short grassy plains and open scrub lands. Other than the Bustard, one can find varied avian diversity. Birds like Indian Bushlark, Shrikes, Bush Quails,Buzzards, Francolins, Doves, Babblers, Owls and Indian coursers etc are sighted frequently in and around sanctuary. Mammalian fauna includes Blackbucks, Indian Fox, Indian grey wolf, Black Naped Hare etc.
The best season to visit Nanaj bird sanctuary is September and Core Winters. Mumbai Travellers is happy to cater you one of the best grassland habitats in Maharashtra, so join us on this offbeat wildlife destination for a great birding opportunity!
provigil without prescription Tour Program : 01 Night / 02 Days
Board overnight train to Solapur.
buy accutane cheap online Day 01 : Reach Solapur, Check in hotel. Post breakfast, gear up for our first session. Explore the Nannaj Wildlife Sanctuary area and watchtower area. This area is famous for Great Indian Bustards, so if lucky we might come across one! Other things one can see are Larks, Eagles and so on. En-route lunch and post lunch head for our second session in another area full of rocky terrain and small gorges. This area is famous for Indian Eagle owls and most likely we would spot and photograph a couple of them.
Evening return to resort.Dinner and discussion. Lights out!
click here Day 02 : Early morning wake up, gear up for field and check out from resort. Leave for our third session to Dreamland and Gangewadi grassland area. These areas are famous for Blackbucks, Munias, Coursers, Quails and Francolins. Post Lunch head for birding around the Hippargalake and Kambar lake. Explore the lake ecosystem and photograph some water birds. Lot of scope to create some unique compositions and capture action shots! Pick up our luggage from the hotel, freshen up and drop at Solapur station.
Overnight train journey.
Next day, reach Mumbai by morning.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories….
- Ex Solapur Pick Up and Drop (Non AC)
- Accommodation at Resort on Twin Sharing Basis
- All Meals at Destination
- Birding trails/tours
- All forest permissions and guide fees
- All tolls,taxesetc
- Camera charges
- Travel from Mumbai to Mumbai.
- Any tips or gratitude.
- Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any Other Expense other than mentioned above.
Note : During the entire tour we would be travelling in Non AC Cruizer vehicles. There will be maximum 5 people per car so that everyone gets a window for photography. While we would be exploring most of the area on feet, at some instances we might photograph from the window of the car only.
Outing Date : 11th-12th September 2016
Payment Terms and Conditions:
- For booking confirmation you need to deposit 50% of the Package Cost as an Advance, if booked 20 days prior to departure date.
- If booking is made less than 20 days prior to departure date Total Package Amount has to be paid at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made by Cash or Cheque drawn / payable in Mumbai on the name of “Chitta Paryatan Private Limited”
|Account Name :||Chitta Paryatan Private Limited|
|Bank Name||Saraswat Co. Op. Bank Ltd.|
|Account Type||Current Ac|
Cancellation Policy :
- If cancelled 20 days prior to Tour Departure Date 75% of the Package Cost will be refunded.
- If cancelled 11 days prior to Tour Departure Date 50% of the Package Cost will be refunded.
- If cancelled 10 days prior to Tour Departure Date no refund.
Important Note :
- Refund will be paid by Account Payee Cheque only on the name of the person who booked the package, within 15 days from cancellation request.
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
- How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour..?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy.
- Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis..?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
- What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
- Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absoultely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from any wildlife. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
- What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the tmings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
- What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
- What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
- What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on pure luck and chance.Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings.But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! So we ensure that you take back some unqiue experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
- Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that can enter each gate every safari.Hence safari booking is very crucial and needs to be done at earliest.
- What kind of facilities will be available at the destionation we are travelling to?
– Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely All resorts are equipped with all amenities like hot/cold water, toiletaries, A/C facitiles, Laundary on call etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style.
- What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camnera fees to the travellers which carry a high-end cameras with telelenses or video cameras for photography and shooting. For eg: In tadoba : A camera with lens of 200mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
- I am not a professional photographer or wildlifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari atleast once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in
- What are photography oppurtunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty.
- What will the climate/waether be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from regoin to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a frangrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tous, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your camers/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Dontyell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deos
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards,guides,locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.