Bhigwan is a small dusty town on the border of Pune and Solapur district in Central Maharashtra, in India. Bhigwan is located on the Pune-Solapur Highway. South of Bhigwan town, exists a widespread backwater formed due to a man made dam built on the Bhima river. The dam is called as Ujni dam. The backwaters is spread over a wide region and is mainly a shallow waste water reserve.
There are two areas where one can see the migratory water birds. 1) Diksal-Parewadi area and 2) Dalaj – Kumbharwadi area. The semi-waste water in this Ujni dam backwater area has built very good wetland based ecosystem and helped agriculture also. The rainfall in Pune region decides the water level in Ujani dam. March is the best season to visit Bhigwan as by that time most of the migratory birds arrive and settle down.
One can expect various types of Ducks, Herons, Egrets, Raptors and Waders along with flocks of hundreds of flamingos. The huge quantity of birds at Bhigwan increases the chance of sighting almost all the prime bird species there and also creates great photographic opportunities for wildlife photographers. Any nature lover would surely enjoy this bird paradise of Maharashtra.
source site Tour Program : 2 Nights / 2 Days
Overnight journey to Bhigwan. Bus starts from Dadar at 11:00 pm.
get modafinil prescribed in canada Day1 : Early morning reach Bhigwan. Freshen up & have breakfast. Start exploring the location by boat. We will be exploring major part of Diksal by private boat in order to cover maximum species and also to reach as close to birds as possible. Have lunch and rest for a while. Evening again explore the wetland habitat by private boat. This time we will try to compose some unique shots considering the Sunset and golden lights.
source site Day2 : Wake up with the calls of Birds around Bhigwan, We will do our breakfast and check out for the Early morning boating to get some creative pictures with the golden rising sun light. Later we will leave for Mayureshwar Wildlife sanctuary. It’s a great place for sighting Chinkara (Indian Gazelle), Indian Wolves and Raptors. About 2 Hrs of observation and photography session at Mayureshwar WLS we will start our journey towards Mumbai. Enroute lunch. Arrival at Mumbai late night with some great captures from Bhigwan.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories…
- Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai by Non Ac bus.
- All meals (2 Breakfast + 2 Lunch + 1 Dinner + tea /coffee) with refreshments
- Accommodation at Bhigwan on sharing basis. No leisurely treatment
- All entries, permissions and all tolls
- Expertise charges
- Meals during overnight journey
- Any Other Expenses other than mentioned above.
- We will be staying at locals House, Its a neat and clean place with basic washroom facilities. Room will be on sharing basis. (5-6 pax in one room)
- We will provide basic bedding, still you need to carry Chaddar / Pullover.
- Local Cuisine will be provided, please don’t expect luxury amenities. Food over here is delicious but homely
Outing Date : 28th-29th January 2017
Tour Cost :
Payment Terms and Conditions:
- For booking confirmation you need to deposit 50% of the Package Cost as an Advance, if booked 20 days prior to departure date.
- If booking is made less than 20 days prior to departure date Total Package Amount has to be paid at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made by Cash or Cheque drawn / payable in Mumbai on the name of “Chitta Paryatan Private Limited”
|Account Name :||Chitta Paryatan Private Limited|
|Bank Name||Saraswat Co. Op. Bank Ltd.|
|Account Type||Current Ac|
Cancellation Policy :
- If cancelled 20 days prior to Tour Departure Date 75% of the Package Cost will be refunded.
- If cancelled 11 days prior to Tour Departure Date 50% of the Package Cost will be refunded.
- If cancelled 10 days prior to Tour Departure Date no refund.
Important Note :
- Refund will be paid by Account Payee Cheque only on the name of the person who booked the package, within 15 days from cancellation request.